The last few days and pronunciation

No updates. No news. No attacks from deranged alien spider monkeys.
Information, yes. Level of interest from reader, unsure.

My project at IIT-M has been going at full *cough* throttle and I haven't quite gotten around. With a professor that disappears often on trips to Kathmandu and resurfacing every 5 days to tell us to keep up the good work, I can't say with conviction that he's justified. Or that spider monkeys like attacking the earth. It would be fun though.

Outside the mundane journeys an engineer is expected to take before graduation, I have been living a life. And what better way to spend my time than improve my communication skills, yes? Deciding to look up a few words that I had forgotten to pronounce, I hit dictionary.com. (And it works!! Thanks, dictionary.com, you have changed my life and I can go there with new courage and determination!! Order your copy today.)
Back to the words. Here are a few things I found:
1) f*ck is actually pronounced with a UH sound over the asterisk. I still prefer A as in the first a of balanced
1.5) nice is pronounced nahys. Not nice-uh. Like I care.
2) sure is actually pronounced close to sh(u)ore. Not SHOERR or SHAAR or SOOR MACHI
3) zomgwtfnowai does not have an IPA code. Its not even in the dictionary.com databse
4) genre is pronounced zhahnruh. or joan ra with joan like in the joan of arc campaign in AOE 2
5) #FF20AK is pronounced gullible
6) kthxbai is kay-thenkz-bye. dictionary.com didn't list it but we know to trust icanhascheezburger.com

Haf a nahys dey.

Share this post!

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be mean ^_^;