When pigs fly and chennai gets wet

I love the weather when it rains. Not that I like getting wet. But it certainly is the type of weather that I like doing things in. Like MMORPGs. Or girls. Well, at least MMORPGs, looking at my luck these days. Going to the beach in a mild drizzle and soaking up in the seaside moisture are excellent ways to spend a Saturday evening. I would include Mozzarella cheese, Vodka and Rum, but I might lose readers if i did.

Getting to the matter of that Saturday evening, I was quite enjoying it. The wind was blowing at the beach after a year. There were girls (real ones; not the Red Bull types). People I knew were present. People I knew but would rather not weren't. Oh, and the weather. Blue sky, easy breeze and a patch of sun. I knew having things this good meant trouble. Or fun. I must admit I didn't expect both.

As we, a group of three, struck up conversation (put here oh-so-ever subtly by one of them), the first plops started. With our skills of premonition, science and plop direction study (one for each of us - "Dude, I think its gonna rain", “Don’t you remember tenth geography? Sea breeze, da!” and "Its increasing! Run for shelter!"), we decided to move. Sadly, debating had given us a late start and most of the nearby spots of shelter were filled with people that trusted their common sense and did not have learned, questioning friends to argue with. We plodded on to a small restaurant at the end of the beach that had shelter, girls and other nice smelling things. Only, we were short on cash and had to give up the latter and be happy with a shed outside that gave us a roof. A small shed, mind you ("This looks like a cow-shed!"). Soon, the number of people in our little cow-shed soared with an increase in the intensity of the downpour and we were left in the middle of it all wondering how to prevent being pickpocketed or felt up. Anirudh, arguably the one with the spontaneity, spoke up.

You must understand that I love pulling pranks off. Not the small banana peel types. What we got as a suggestion was brilliant. Anirudh had a cold; The world had swine flu; And we had a plan to make some space. He sneezed, I exclaimed "Dude, you have swine flu!". Eyes turned, heads lowered, whispers ran and one or two smart ones smiled. The crowd did ease a bit, but it should probably be attributed to the rain and not our genius plot. Nevertheless, it was fun. We had a good laugh over it while some of the duller ones cleared the wool from their eyes. Anirudh and I decided to write about it (I swear I thought about it first...) and this is the result.

I still plan on pulling off more pranks at the beach. Some of it targets the smokers. Some, the Red Bull girls. If you are interested, do give me a ring :)

Oh, and the topic of swine flu and panicking people brought this to mind.

Happy weather and paranoia!

Share this post!

Bookmark and Share

10 comments:

Nitin said...

*sniff sniff**wiping tear from my eye in a style reminiscent of Dexter* EET EES BEEAUTIFUL!

No seriously, nice one. :bd(i think this is the one for thumbs up).

Krishna Chandran said...

and what mmorpg are we talking about here? don't tell me mafia wars...

Anonymous said...

Nice one! Here's a bit of trivia :
In the xkcd comic, you notics the name hanneloreec as the second commenter? That is hannelore from Questionable Content, another webcomic!

Again, nice work and keep the paranoia up.
-Guess Who.

Mod said...

yeah, we had fun :P

mmorpg = real game... not mafia trash <_<
im on two right now... gunboung and neosteam

lemme guess... harshad o__o
i never made the connection even though ive read QC occasionally :P

Anonymous said...

harshad?? I'm not harshad.. here's an anagram : FR. Now guess

Mod said...

I have no freaking clue o__o

Anonymous said...

Lets just say you owe me a RA2 LAN party.

KC said...

ok... which ones? i have a level 70 mage with t3 set you can have if you play wow, i stopped playing some time back... consider it payment for writing crap for festember :)

Anonymous said...

Again... wrong guy! One final clue : Our mutual friend is Sriram. And Raghav. Thats it.

Mod said...

Lol, RF, i got u after the RA2 lan party bit... just didnt expect to see u here :P

and KC, i dont play wow... i find it a bit boring... were u on the public servers? as in, with cash spent? o__o

Post a Comment

Don't be mean ^_^;