Facebook Stalking

Cheesy, I know. But hey, who doesn't love lolcats?

Before I complete my post on crushes and the internet, I decided to run a primer on stalking. Online. Apart from sounding cursably cool and absurdly interesting, my recently acquired hobby runs along the fringes of the law, making it even more enjoyable.

Although Facebook Stalking (fBS) has been going on for a while thanks to its relative ease (Orkut keeps tabs on where you go. And tells them. Bad, bad server), I never really gave much thought to the habit of running on clicking sprees that lead you on the never ending quest for great profile pictures. Before FB, I could not understand the logic behind following someone for miles at a stretch, only to watch them enter their house and be locked away for the rest of the day. This line of thought was derailed with my discovery of the exhiliration that is fBS.

My search began in a friend's profile and lead me through a long and daunting search (that lasted the whole of 5 seconds) before I reached the page (and understandably, the picture) I was searching for. I found the picture, all right. Apart from granting a poor view of the subject in question, there were also elements in the picture that detracted one's attention. Not in the positive sense, mind you. Suffice to say, I was disappointed. All that effort, and all I got was this lousy weblog.

Disappointment and anticipation aside, fBS is fun if you're interested in browsing through a ton of profile pics to remind of the exact aspects of life you're missing in yours. Its something like bharatmatrimony.com, only with cuter girls who will never end up on those websites. And if you're single with the right connections and numbers of mutual friends, you might even hit it off.

Next post: Crushes - Part 2

Share this post!

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be mean ^_^;